- Position sought: Illinois State Senate, 18th District
- Official name of your campaign committee (if you have one):
- E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: ElectBellar.com
- Phone: 630-917-3200
- Address: 8513 Johnston Rd Burr Ridge, Illinois 60527
- Age: 64
- Political Party: Republican
- Family: spouse: Harold P. Welsch, Ph.D, professor, entrepreneurshipm DePaul University
- Education: Bachelor of Science- Biology, Bachelor of Art psychology, Bachelor of Health Science, Master's Bioethics & Health Policy, Juris Doctorate, Law Degree, MD- Medical
- Campaign name (if you have one): Citizens to Elect Bellar
- Occupation: physician/attorney/professor
- Previous Elected or Appointed Offices: n/a
1. Is there any additional experience you believe qualifies you for the position?
Veteran Major in US Army Reserve
Previous Benedictine Catholic Nun
Small business corporation owner.
2. What would your priorities be if elected to this office?
Small Business Development
No Tax increases
Repeal current lame duck tax increase
support school vouchers.
3. What sets you apart from the other candidates?
Lifelong Servant Leader. Posses exceptional skills from work experience in Law, Medicine and Ethics. Highly ethical and possess integrity. Willing to work hard. Will not participate in General Assembly Retirement Program.
4. What should first be done by the state to keep businesses that have strongly voiced the possibility of leaving, such as CME and Sears?
Tax breaks to assist survival.
Tax credits for new hirees and job creation.
Decrease taxation, decrease regulations, decrease litigation.
5. What can be done to help College Illinois?
This venture that appearred foolproof was a shocking disappointment to many of those who held contracts in the prepaid college tuition program. Hopefully the new chief investment officer will right the program. We need to try to honor the investments that were promised. Help it with better management, and leadership.
6. What should the government do to create more jobs?
First decrease taxes, repeal the current tax hike. Everyone knows that decreasing taxes stimulates economic growth. Economic growth will result in increase in jobs at all levels. Provide tax incentives for all new hirees. Keep large corporations in Illinois.
7. What are your philosophies on social issues such as same-sex marriage and abortion, and what should government’s role in those issues?
These are decisions that majorly everyone wishes the government would stay strictly out of. As a conservative candidate i am Pro-life, Pro-Family, and uphold the defense of marriage act.
8. Do you support a gaming bill that would increase the number of casinos or other gambling venues in Illinois? Should a casino be built in Chicago?
No I do not support the further expansion of gambling in Illinois. Many studies have shown the increased risks of bankruptcy, suicides, divorces, and crime in areas where new gambling is introduced and made available.
9. What do you suggest for property tax relief?
Continued support of the Homestead Exemptions.
Provide property tax reduction for returning Veteran's
Provide property tax reduction for disabled.
10. Should the state consider consolidating school districts? What would be the best way to accomplish this in your legislative district?
Yes it would be a wise move to consolidate school districrts but make it voluntary!
11. Should the state legalize marijuana?
No , not at this point. This type of passage needs to be highly regulated, monitored and compliance enforced. We should first study the mistakes of other states before we consider legalization.
12. Are there ways to reform the legislative scholarship program, or would you support calls to eliminate the program?
I definitely would support total and complete abolition of the legislative scholarship program. It has been abused for too long.
13. Who are your political heroes and why?
Ronald Reagan for his vision and ability to respect others while accomplishing the good of the United States.
14. Have you ever been convicted of a felony, sued successfully or had a restraining order placed against you? If so, please explain.