St. Bernadette Catholic Academy
St. Bernadette Catholic Academy is a private school "committed to academic excellence and the formation of Christian values." Students of all faiths are welcome to apply for admission.
Founded in 1949 by the Springfield Dominican Sisters, the school is supported by St. Bernadette Parish, where students and families occasionally attend services. Together, the school and parish seek to strengthen students' faith life with an extensive religious formation.
St. Bernadette Catholic Academy recently updated its curriculum, becoming a more technology-integrated school. The curriculum strengthens students academically with a variety of special programs, including the Essential Learning Solutions Lab, a computerised therapy program that is designed to identify students' strengths and weaknesses, and permanently improve academic performance. The school offers an extended day program to fit parents' busy schedules.
St. Bernadette Catholic Academy encourages families to stay involved with the school through volunteering to chaperone trips, assist in classrooms and become part of the Family and School Association. Students may partake in several extracurricular activities including sports, tutoring, music, art and drama.
Tuition credits are available through the St. Bernadette Manna Program. Arlene Baumann serves as principal.
- Fax: 708-422-6484
- Hours: Mon - Fri, contact school for specific times. Extended day: 6:30am - 8am and school dismissal - 6pm
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at street level.
- Founding Date: 1949
- Number of students: 200
- Public/Private: Private
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 14
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Sporting events and performances are open to the community. The school participates in parish and community activities.
- Grade levels: Pre-kindergarten to 8th
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Big Brother/Big Sister Tutoring Program, band, newspaper, drama, Girl Scouts
- Sports teams: Basketball, cheerleading, football, soccer, track and field, volleyball, golf