Queen of Martyrs Church
During the 1940s, Queen of Martyrs Church was founded out of a necessity for another church in the community. After World War II prompted the suburban housing boom, a church census showed that as many Catholic families moved to the area, there was an extreme need for another Catholic church in Evergreen Park.
Located at 103rd and Central Park Ave., Queen of Martyrs Church has a strong connection to Evergreen Park through several groups and services including the Boy and Girl Scouts, youth ministry programs, missionary programs, a partnership with the St. Vincent DePaul Society and a vegetable garden that the church plants to donate its produce to SuCasa and the Evergreen Food Pantry.
Queen of Martyrs Church founded Queen of Martyrs School and has an extended-care program for the students who attend.
- Fax: 708-423-7372
- Hours: Rectory Business Hours: Mon-Fri, 9:00am-Noon; 1:00pm-3:30pm Sunday Service: 7:30am, 9:30am and 11:30am
- Handicap Accessible: Building has a ramp at the side entrance.
- Founding Date: 1952
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Charismatic
- Congregation size: 1800
- Services: Child care, Choir/music programs, Missionary programs, Youth programs
- Recreational facilities: Yes