Most Holy Redeemer School
Most Holy Redeemer School is committed to the spiritual and educational growth and development of Christian children. Founded in September of 1942, it was originally opened by Most Holy Redeemer Parish and staffed by Sisters of the Holy Cross. The enriching curriculum combines faith, academics and extracurricular activities to help students advance in their faith lives and education. Students may participate in the school band, selected sports that are supported by the Most Holy Redeemer Athletic Association, and drama with the Missoula Children's Theater. Students may also be a part of the Book Adventure reading program. In lieu of a student council or student government, students may participate in the Christians in Action Service Group. While students are required to attend religious activities with the Parish, families are encouraged to participate in the life of the Parish and volunteer with the school. Parents may help in the classroom, church or become part of the Parents Club. Throughout the years, Most Holy Redeemer School has undergone significant improvements, including moving to a larger building and adding classrooms to serve the needs of hearing- and visually-impaired students. Loretta Conroy serves as the school's principal.
- Fax: 708-422-4193
- Hours: Contact school for specific times.
- Handicap Accessible: Entrance is at street level.
- Founding Date: 1942
- Number of students: 450
- Public/Private: Private
- Religious affiliation: Catholic
- Accreditation/licenses: Illinois State Board of Education, National Catholic School Association, Teachers are Illinois certified and licensed
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 26
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Eighth graders are required to complete 18 community service hours. Students may participate in community theater with the Missoula Children's Theater.
- Grade levels: Pre-kindergarten - 8
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library
- Extracurricular activities available: Art, music, sports, band, theater, Christians in Action Service Group
- Sports teams: Football, soccer, basketball, volleyball