The Evergreen Park teachers union lined 95th Street on Wednesday afternoon bringing their case for a new four-year contract to the community.
The teachers from Evergreen Park's five public elementary schools and the Dist. 124 school board have been in negotiations for a new contract since April. Wednesday's bargaining session ended with no agreement.
Another rally is scheduled before next Monday's bargaining session at Central Junior High School at 4:15 p.m. If a tentative agreement cannot be reached, teachers say they will go on strike on Tuesday (Oct. 2).
Cathy Pliska who has two children in D124 schools is rallying parents' support of EP teachers and their quest for a fair contract. Parents and community members wishing to join the group can email Pliska at email@example.com.
Read Evergreen Park Patch's coverage of the ongoing teachers' contract talks:
- Threat of EP Teachers Strike Looms
- EP Teacher Contract Talks End With No Deal
- D124 School Board Takes Public Comments on Teacher Contracts
- D124 Starts Planning for Possible Teachers' Strike
- EP Teachers' Union Authorizes Strike