Rep. Adam Kinzinger (R-11th) has been called a Tea Party candidate, an upset victor and, most recently, beautiful.
Kinzinger, described in the article as "the Tom Cruise of Congress," was the highest-rated of the six lawmakers who made the list. Congressional staffers, lobbyists and even a few interns made up the other 44 bodies politic on the list.
The other lawmakers were:
- No. 8: Rep. Kristi Noem (R-S.D.)
- No. 17: Rep. Michael Grimm (R-N.Y.)
- No. 23: Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.)
- No. 31: Sen. Lisa Murkowski (R-Alaska)
- No. 38: Rep. Hansen Clarke (D-Mich.)
The other suburban list-makers were:
- No. 20: Arlington Heights native Alyssa Panisi, a staff assistant to Rep. Jim Renacci (R-Ohio)
- No. 40: Wheaton native Dean Thompson, staffer for Chief Deputy Majority Whip Peter Roskam (R-Ill.)
This comes at a time when Kinzinger could lose much of the Southland portion of his district. A redistricting plan based on the 2010 U.S. Census could move the 11th District's base west and have the Chicago-based 1st District move as far west as Elwood.
Republicans this month filed a lawsuit challenging the plan.