Sliders and beer — sounds like a dangerous combo in so many ways.
White Castle chain is testing beer and wine sales at a restaurant in Lafayette, IN, thinking customers might like a cold beer or a glass of wine to wash down a Crave Case or two.
Aside from the gastrointestinal distress this combo conjures up, aren't there enough White Castle customers showing up pre-lit already?
- A Joliet man who ran a red light was stopped by New Lenox police who saw half a dozen empty Bud Light cans in his car last October. The driver told cops "White Castle ... was calling us."
- In January, a creepy man in a ponytail tried to pick up a 16-year-old boy at the by lifting up his shirt to show the boy his taut rib cage. Ponytail then stared at the boy and a friend as they dined and motioned for the teen to join him in the men's room.
- Orland Park police were called to the about a 3 a.m. fight in the drive through lane in June. The attackers left before police arrived, but they found a motorist in the drive-thru fast asleep behind the wheel.
- In August, a group of six men getting ready to fight just before 2 a.m. at the prompted employees to call police. Officers arrived and broke up the fight, and one of the men began to cry because he hadn't gotten anything to eat. Police ended up arresting him.
- A 26-year-old Tinley Park man was caught on surveillance video at the Mokena White Castle exposing himself to a young woman at 2:30 a.m. in September. Cops caught up with him, too.
- And in November, a drunken Homer Glen woman got into an argument at the Mokena White Castle and was told by police to find a ride home. Instead, she got into her car and swerved her way out of the parking lot. When asked why she did that, police said the woman replied, “What else was I supposed to do?"
What do you think? Would you like to see beer and wine on the menu at your local White Castle?
[ Did You Know? . ]