1. Lincoln-Way East (7-0): Griffins look to hit the century mark with their 100th win in their 11th season of high school football. Last week: No. 1. Tonight: vs. Joliet Central, 7:30.
2. Brother Rice (5-2): Crusaders’ challenge is to stop Loyola’s high-powered offense. Nobody’s done it yet. Ramblers average 36.1 points. Last Week: No. 2. Tonight: vs. Loyola, 7:30.
3. (5-2): Trap game? H-F can’t afford to look toward Oct. 21 matchup vs. Sandburg. Nor can the Vikings get caught up in hoopla of playing final regular-season home game. Last week: No. 3. Tonight: vs. Joliet West, 7:30.
4. Sandburg (5-2): Eagles’ final two regular-season opponents boast a combined record of 10-4. Playoffs start early here. Last week: No. 4. Tonight: at Lockport, 7.
5. Tinley Park (6-1): Titans must win out and get help to gain a share of the South Suburban Blue title. Last week: Unranked. Tonight: at Thornton Fractional South, 7.
(Covering the following Patch communities: Chicago Heights, Evergreen Park, Frankfort, Homewood-Flossmoor, Mokena, New Lenox, Oak Forest, Oak Lawn, Orland Park, Palos, Tinley Park and the neighboring private schools that draw students from those communities).