The South Side Irish Parade list of parking restrictions and public safety precautions for the Sunday, March 10 event have been released:
There will be no street parking on the east side of Artesian from 103rd to 111th or on the west side of Claremont from 103rd to 107th. Side streets will also be closed in the area around the parade route.
If you are a resident and need to make alternate parking arrangements you can contact the committee at email@example.com for assistance.
Once again, a strict zero-tolerance approach will be taken to open alcohol. Additional public safety procedures outlined by the committee are as follows:
- Residential parking only allowed in the area surrounding Parade Route.
- Fines for open alcohol will be strictly enforced throughout the neighborhood.
- There will be security check points surrounding the parade route staffed by private security and the Chicago Police Department.
- Passengers will be banned from bringing alcohol on Metra Rock Island trains on Parade Day.
- Bars and schools that coordinate visits into the neighborhood have been contacted and discouraged from chartering buses to the area.
- Buses that come into the area will be directed to specific drop-off/pick-up points designated by the Chicago Police Department and surrounding suburbs. Any buses transporting individuals other than parade participants will be directed to park in unincorporated Cook County in the vicinity of Mt. Hope Cemetery. Security officials will be patrolling the area and enforcing the zero-tolerance on alcohol policy.
- If residents witness a crime or encounter problems due to drunk or disorderly behavior, local police encourage them to call 911.
More Parade News:
- South Side Irish Parade Names Its Queen
- South Side Irish Pre-Parade Party Highlight Reel
- Patch Photo Booth: South Side Irish Pre-Parade Party
- Tougher Parade Drinking Restrictions Approved by City Council
- South Side Irish Parade to Honor First Responders
Updated, 4:40 p.m.