The Chicago Bears have an improved offense and high hopes for a return to the Super Bowl. In the opening week of this NFL season, they play the new-look Colts, led by No. 1 draft pick Andrew Luck.
Patch is getting in on the action.
Predict the score prior to Sunday's Bears game. The reader who correctly guesses the score, or comes closest to guessing the score, will get a $25 gift card to a local restaurant.
Thank you to RoccoVino’s Italian Restaurant in Orland Park for providing the gift card! Visit our business directory for more information about the fresh Italian fare at this restaurant.
HERE’S HOW IT WORKS:
• If you’re a Patch reader, simply comment on the bottom of this article with your name and what you think the final score of the next Bears game will be. (Example: Benny Bears Fan, Bears 102, Colts 0.)
• All entries need to be received by the start of the game. Since the Bears' game is at noon Sunday (CST), we'll need all entries by then.
• To determine the winner, we will take the difference between actual points scored and predicted score for each team, and add them up for everyone who posted in the comments section. The person whose combined total is closest to zero wins. And it doesn't matter if the points you give are higher or lower than actual points scored, we're just looking for the person who has the lowest differential.
• If two or more people tie for being the closest to the actual total of points scored, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner.
• Only one entry allowed per person. All participants must be 18 years or older. You can read our official giveaway guidelines here.
So, please, comment away. And tell your friends!