D124 and Teachers Release Final Contract Offers
The District 124 Board of Education and the union representing Evergreen Park teachers released their final contract offers. A notice to strike has already been filed.
Talks over a new contract for Dist. 124 teachers broke down this week with both sides sticking closely to their final offers.
As required by law, those offers have now been made public. The full documents are attached to this post.
This week the union filed an intent to strike notice. The earliest a strike could occur is Sept. 28 and both sides will likely sit down for more talks before any strike date is set.
The opposing offers show the divide that still exists between the two sides, especially in the areas of benefits and salary raises.
Read through each offer and let us know what points stick out to you, and if the two sides are as far apart as you thought.
Read Evergreen Park Patch's complete strike coverage:
- EP Teachers' Union Gives Strike Notice
- EP Teacher Contract Talks End With No Deal
- D124 Board and Teachers Union to Meet Next Week For Contract Talks
- D124 Teachers Stage Rally for New Contract
- Evergreen Park K-8 Teachers To Take Strike Vote
- EP Teachers' Union Authorizes Strike