D124 Teachers on Strike, No Classes Tuesday
The 1,800 students of Evergreen Park School District 124 will not have class Tuesday.
Evergreen Park District 124 students will not have school tomorrow as teachers have decided to strike after Monday night negotiations failed to result in a contract agreement.
The two sides resumed negotiations at 5 p.m. Monday evening, but did not bridge the contract gap.
The district has posted a list of learning resources that parents can use to keep children academically active while off from school.
Read Past Coverage of the Contract Negotiations:
- Teachers, School Board Hunker Down
- Last Chance for EP Teachers and D124 to Avoid Strike
- Scenes of a Protest: EP Teachers Stage Noisy Rally on 95th Street
- Threat of EP Teachers Strike Looms
- EP Teachers Set Oct. 2 Strike Date
- No Agreement In D124 Contract Talks